ESAR-VHP Volunteer System
The Virginia Volunteer Health System (VVHS) is a web-based information, alerting and credentialing system used by local Medical Reserve Corps Coordinators and health districts for the management of medical and support volunteers who desire to support public health emergencies and daily public health activities in Virginia.
Original System Build-out Justifications
Listed below is a brief overview of system modules and functionality/capabilities. – Event Notification/Logs with Situation Reporting (SitRep)
- Tailored to ESAR-VHP & MRC program needs
- Ability to add functionality / modules, as needed
- Economically sustainable for the long run
- System speed/Performance
- Redundant, fail-over/fail-back hosting infrastructure
- Responsive customer support
- Shared data plan with VHASS (SiteVision EM) and potential integration
Volunteers: Adding, reviewing/editing, approving accounts and assigning roles/groups
- Application & approval process
- Volunteer management
Staff: Adding and reviewing/editing, and assigning permissions
- Alert history, details, and reports
- Sending alerts (Voice,SMS, Email)
- Adding and reviewing events
- Deployments within an Event
- Canned Reports
- Volunteer Ad Hoc Report: Ability to generate a customized report that includes system data from the volunteer record. After you have defined a report, you can give it a name and save it for later use.
- Exports to MS Excel and PDF
VA Train Integration
Security Permissions Groups/Users/Roles
Responsive design for mobile and tablet devices
State Volunteer Coordinator
Virginia took a different direction than most states and built our ESAR-VHP system in house with the input of MRC unit coordinators.
We recently redesigned and transitioned our system to a vendor named Sitevision to become a sustainable solution.