At SiteVision, it’s our mission to provide quality hosting, cloud services, and custom application development for businesses of all sizes. Our services help small businesses, developers, designers, ad agencies, government agencies, and more, but none of that would be possible without our awesome team.
We don’t believe in corporate bureaucracy so you won’t find unnecessary layers and red tape. We work in collaborative teams where everyone is able to contribute.
Web Applications Developer (Remote)
SiteVision, Headquarters in Roanoke, VA is currently seeking well-rounded web applications developers to join our team. Selected candidates will work in a remote / telecommute capacity, interacting daily with other members of the team and our clients. We develop custom web applications that include emergency management systems, public facing government websites, and small business websites.
Web Applications Developers are responsible for multiple facets of the application lifecycle, including interface layout, database architecture, application development, quality assurance, and project documentation.
- Candidates must have a solid foundation with Object-Oriented programming concepts.
- Working knowledge of at least one MVC or MVT framework in any language.
- Web application development experience using HTML, CSS, and any modern language/framework (PHP, Java, Django, Rails, .Net, etc). Experience with WordPress is a plus.
- Experience with database management and writing SQL queries.
- Experience with Git version control and software repositories such as Github or Bitbucket.
- Quality assurance experience that demonstrates problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Knowledge of web application security best practices and appreciation of software development best practices.
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed work environment, to meet deadlines and deliver completed applications with minimal direction.
- A desire and an aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies and a work ethic that demonstrates empathy for clients and their users.
SiteVision offers a collaborative development environment, where developer input and creative thought is appreciated. While our team works within predefined standards, we are always picking up new technologies and techniques to help meet our clients’ needs. The company offers benefits for full-time employees including health insurance, vision, prescription drugs and dental (premiums paid in full by the company for the employee), IRA with Company match, learning opportunities, and off-site company gatherings.
SiteVision is EOE Compliant. SiteVision does not provide US Visa Sponsorship for this position.
Send a cover letter with salary expectations and resume firstname.lastname@example.org.