SiteVision is currently seeking well-rounded web application developers to join our team. Selected candidates will work in a remote/telecommute capacity, interacting daily with other members of the team and our clients. Our company focuses on taking care of our customers and delivering intuitive, reliable solutions. We develop enterprise level, custom web applications that include Emergency Management Systems.
Web Applications Developers are responsible for multiple facets of the application lifecycle, including interface layout, database architecture, application development, quality assurance, and project documentation. Candidates should have a solid foundation with Object Oriented programming concepts
- Web application development experience using: C#, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Postgresql
- Working Knowledge of at least one MVC framework in any language
- Experience with shared code and use of source control platforms
- Quality assurance experience that demonstrates problem-solving and debugging skills
- Knowledge of web application security best practices and appreciation of software development best practices
- Proven ability to work in a self-directed work environment, to meet deadlines and deliver completed applications with minimal direction
- A desire and an aptitude for learning new technologies and methodologies and a work ethic that demonstrates empathy for clients and their users
SiteVision offers a collaborative development environment, where developer input and creative thought is appreciated. While our team works within pre-define standards, we are always picking up new technologies and techniques to help meet our clients’ needs. The company offers benefits for full-time employees including health insurance, vision, prescription drugs and dental (premiums paid in full by the company for the employee), IRA with Company match, learning opportunities, and off-site company gatherings. Best of all SiteVision offers flexibility to each and every employee, including you choosing the hours that best fit your schedule as well as telecommuting.
To apply for this position contact Shirley Simmons
1011 Second Street,SW
Roanoke VA 24016-4409
*** APPLICANTS ONLY. NO RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES ***
*** US Visa sponsorship is not available for this position ***