SiteVision is honored to have been awarded a VITA (Virginia Information Technology Agency) statewide contract for the Commonwealth’s electronic government (eGov) services. The contract is for advanced Hosting and related technologies. All Virginia public bodies, including state agencies, universities, school systems and localities, can use the eGov contracts.
From simple shared hosting to complex customized solutions, we’ll help you find a hosting platform designed to meet your particular needs.
We also understand that you may have questions regarding your requirements and how to transition services. So, provided below is an overview and a step-by-step process to assist in getting things started.
First, a few helpful links:
SiteVision Special Capabilities
Here’s an important note. With over 14 years of experience in everything from simple shared, to VPS and Dedicated Servers, to highly individualized hosting solutions, we can offer options tailored to your very specific needs. Do you need GIS, Cloud, SAAS, ISA, Data-Driven, fail-safe or CDN hosting? We’re here to help.
How To Get Started
1. Request A Quote: Please fill out a Quote Request. We will get back to you promptly via email or phone to discuss your needs personally.
2. Personal Consult & Formal Estimate: When the SiteVision team and your agency have discussed your needs and or project we will provide a formal estimate with the the required documentation for VITA Approval.
3. VITA Submittal: You will then submit all documentation to the VITA Hosting Governance Group via email for review and approval to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll Provide These Estimate Documents:
- Formal Estimate from SiteVision
- Hosting Request form partialy filled out already for you
- Formal Scope of Work completely filled out for you
- SiteVision Network Diagram if applicable.
4. Approvals: Once approved by VITA Governance, the next step will be to visit the eVA Ordering System at www.eva.virginia.gov to create your “R” coded eVA requisition to complete your order. Be sure to include the contract number, complete billing information and your desired form of payment when placing your order.
5. Set-Up Process: When we receive the approved purchase order sent by email via the eVa System, we will start the setup process for the new web hosting account.
At this point you will need to reach out to your VITA rep to request your site code for your site, as well as any pertinent databases or scripts that your site may need to function properly. You may have them send the materials directly to us at email@example.com and we will continue the setup of your test site here within SiteVision as needed.
6. Website Setup & Testing: After we receive your website code and database or script info, our experienced team will provide the following services to ensure a seamless transition from your current web hosting to SiteVision web hosting.
- FTP setup for data transfer.
- Temporary website for testing.
- Statistics setup for viewing website traffic.
- Migration of current website.
- MSSQL or MySQL Database integration.
When your website setup is complete, we will email you a Welcome Letter which will provide you with the following information so you may access and road-test your new website.
- Temporary website URL for testing.
- FTP login credentials for data transfer.
- Database login credentials for MSSQL or MySQL.
- Statistics URL for viewing website traffic.
- Domain name and IP address.
7. How To Go Live: When you have completed the testing phase and are ready to deploy the live site, your next step will be to notify Virginia Customer Care Center (VCCC) of the changes that will need to be made to point to the live site. Please allow several days for the changes to be made.
First, submit a ticket to be assigned to MDS-Enterprise Directory Services to include the following information. Please allow a few days for the change to take place.
- Subject Line should be “eGov DNS change”
- Domain name and the IP address SiteVision provided in the Welcome Letter.
- Date you would like the changes to take place.
Congratulations! Your new website should be live and viewable by the Internet within a few hours after VCCC completes the DNS change. Please let us know if you are having any issues viewing your new website.
So there you are! Please remember we’re here to help with any difficulties or questions you might have along the way. The entire team at SiteVision thanks you for the opportunity to become your new hosting provider! We look forward to a long and rewarding relationship.