Need A Custom Hosting Solution?
We understand that one size does not fit all. Our government and business hosting customers often require special configurations that address added security, legacy applications, complex database requirements, high availability services, on-demand software and other needs pertinent to their operations.
As a hosting and development source for the Virginia Information Technologies Agencies (VITA), as well as numerous other federal, state, and private entities we are at the ready to put over 20 years of experience to work for you. And — Our powerful data center features fiber-optic reliability and scalable speeds to provide existing and new customers with state-of-the-art bandwidth
You can look to us for:
- Personalized & Smooth Migration of any existing services
- Customized Virtual Private Networks with solid security for added privacy and safety.
- Custom Application Deployment
- High Availability Services for optimal load balancing and maximum uptime
- Comprehensive Cloud and Hybrid Deployment (IaaS, PaaS and SaaS)
- Content Management Systems
- Custom Web Development – application development and upgrades
- Customized Database and Big Data solutions.
We’re always happy to discuss your requirements with no obligation, and will always respond honestly and capably about possible solutions. You can call or contact us anytime.
Security News Updates
WordPress urges all users to update to 4.8.3 immediately. A security deficit discovered by one of WP users exposed a dangerous bug that allows attackers to trigger an SQL injection attack leading to a complete website hijack. Go here for additional information and to download.
KRACK Hack exposes scary WIFI security risk. this attack affects the WPA2 Wi-Fi network standard of all common routers and lets the hacker infiltrate your network. Router vendors are aware and issuing updates. Business and individual users should update their software, firmware and consider a VPN (Virtual Private Network). For this attack to succeed, it has to be in range of a targeted Wi-Fi network You can learn more here
iOS 11.1 Bugs. Just a few days after release, security researchers discovered two bugs – one in the Safari browsers and one in the system services. Both allow malicious code execution. Check Apple support for updates.
Equifax Hack. With some 250 million names and social security numbers compromised, it’s important to watch your credit bureau accounts closely. If you think you’ve been hacked, it’s important to put a fraud alert for each of the three bureaus, together with an actual freeze on each.
Is it time for a password manager? Massive hacks have left us reeling so, yes, probably! Tom’s Hardware compares what’s out there and comes up with their first choice and several other top contenders. So will you have to shell out a little cash? Not necessarily, but you might feel a little more secure by so doing. You can see more here
Mobile Device Management 2017 As BYOD becomes commonplace in the workplace, mobile device management (MDM) is a key task. PCMag takes a close look at four solutions recognizing that ” While the Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) movement has great appeal to the average employee, it represents a significant attack vector to corporate security.”
Is It Time For A Password Manager?
Massive hacks have left us reeling so, yes, probably! Tom’s Hardware compares what’s out there and comes up with their first choice and several other top contenders. LastPass and Dashlane earned top kudos. The top seven are evaluated and compared in a handy feature chart.
So will you have to shell out a little cash? Not necessarily, but you might feel a little more secure by so doing. You can see more here
Don’t be lulled into sleep mode just because you haven’t been compromised yet. Your name is very likely out there! At the very least, make absolutely sure that bank, stock, savings accounts and the like have strong new passwords and protocols for each account such as 2-step authentication, simple words strung together and/or you use a top-notch password manager.
Gartner Reveals Top Predictions for IT Organizations and Users in 2018 and Beyond
In a fascinating look into the near future, Gartner predicts the rapid infusion of technology innovation means it will be critical to instill a fast moving, disciplined approach to digital business efforts.
“Technology-based innovation is arriving faster than most organizations can keep up with. Before one innovation is implemented, two others arrive,” said Daryl Plummer, vice president and Gartner Fellow, Distinguished.”
- By 2021, early adopter brands that redesign their websites to support visual- and voice-search will increase digital commerce revenue by 30 percent.
- By 2020, five of the top seven digital giants will willfully “self-disrupt” to create their next leadership opportunity.
- By the end of 2020, the banking industry will derive $1 billion in business value from the use of blockchain-based cryptocurrencies.
- By 2022, most people in mature economies will consume more false information than true information.
- By 2020, AI-driven creation of “counterfeit reality,” or fake content, will outpace AI’s ability to detect it, fomenting digital distrust.
- By 2021, more than 50 percent of enterprises will be spending more per annum on bots and chatbot creations than traditional mobile app developments.
- By 2021, 40 percent of Corporate IT staff will be versatilists, holding multiple roles, most of which will be business, rather than technology-related.
- In 2020, AI will become a positive net job motivator, creating 2.3 million jobs while eliminating only 1.8 million jobs.
- By 2020, IoT technology will be in 95 percent of electronics for new product designs.
- Through 2022, half of all security budgets for IoT will go to fault remediation, recalls and safety failures rather than protection.
For a complete overview see Gartner
In The News
SiteVision Valet Services
Need a little updating? Not as secure as you’d like to be? Have some content or database issues that need addressing? Let us help. We now offer SiteVision Valet Services.Our expert staff is here to help And, no worries; we can help whether or not you host with us. Just Call, contact us or visit our website anytime.
Tuesday November 21st
Thanksgiving: November 23rd & 24th