ROANOKE, VA January 20, 2015: A powerful new SiteVision data center is now in place – good news for customers. The infrastructure upgrades and enhancements improve overall stability, power, internet speeds, environment and security – a win-win situation for all SiteVision customers. The infrastructure enhancements create a new primary facility with a separate optional backup and disaster recovery operation and services.
The new data center features fiber-optic reliability and scalable speeds to provide existing and new customers with state-of-the-art bandwidth whether their need is minimal or bandwidth-intensive. It also features a cutting edge, national fiber-optic backbone for exceptional connectivity and minimal downtime. Advanced backup battery and generator power translate into exceptionalpower conditioning and longevity during power outages. Content Delivery Network (CDN) users can also expect outstanding performance with the enhanced network connections
Overall, existing customers will experience a new level of high performance, consistent throughput, speed and availability. Additional power, battery and generator infrastructures have been designed to provide fail-safe power with maximum multi-level redundancy features. An 8-line, in-out national internet backbone provides additional security and access. New internal and external network components feature high performance network throughput to address any potential for bandwidth or network bottlenecks.
New Backup & Failover Solutions
With the new data center in place, SiteVision can offer a wide variety of specialized backup and fail-over solutions based on specific customer needs and requirements. If customer website, server and applications call for 100 percent uptime and are user-critical – SiteVision can provide a custom solution as simple or complex as is required. Among offerings are full systems-site backups and fail-over to SQL mirroring, code replication, DNS monitoring with Round-Robin DNS, and disaster recovery options such as offsite tape or disk backup.
SiteVision has also been busy upgrading and implementing new and improved virtual server solutions built on the power and stability of the Citrix XenServer Virtual Server Solution. These upgrades provide many features to minimize downtime while offering new enhancements and scalability.
Among features are:
- Live Migration – Allows us to migrate the virtual server to one of many host servers without shutting down the server. If there is a problem with the current host server, Citrix will automatically move a virtual server to a host without the need to reboot.
- Load Balancing – This allows us to utilize multiple host servers to spread out the load of the individual Virtual servers and dynamically allocate resources as needed.
- Network Security – Allows us to assign multiple addresses and VLANS to specific virtual servers for added security
- Scalability – We can upgrade and add resources to any virtual server as needed at any given time based on usage such as CPU, memory and hard drive Space.
All virtualization services are integrated with a new Dell PowerVault Storage San that includes redundant modules including: logic boards, network Interfaces, RAID hard drives and power supplies.
Combined – customers can anticipate stellar uptime for all web applications and services hosted by SiteVision. Consultations are always free of charge.
As a SOC 1 SAE 16 Type II compliant firm, new and existing customers with sensitive requirements can look to the firm for compliance standards that meet required security, trust, service and processing protocols.
About SiteVision: SiteVision, Inc. (www.sitevision.com) is an Internet application development, consulting, design and hosting firm providing solutions for a broad spectrum of markets and industries, as well as for state, federal and international entities. Expertise includes custom, back-end dynamic applications, consulting to achieve unique goals, geographic information systems (GIS), content management systems, hosting services including, map and GIS application hosting, as well as custom and dedicated hosting solutions.
SiteVision, Inc. participates in, or is available through, the following state and federal contracting vehicles:
- Virginia VITA CAI Supplier, Managed Staff Augmentation Services Contract (VA-051123-CAI)
- Virginia VITA Supplier, Hosting Services Contract
- Virginia eVa Procurement as a sub-contractor to various state and federal private contractor entities
- State and Federal Sole-source Contracting
The firm has its home office in Roanoke, VA, with sales offices in Charlottesville, VA and Miami, FL.