Happy New Year!
Microsoft Warns of Zero-Day Vulnerability
Microsoft has confirmed that a zero-day vulnerability affecting older versions of Internet Explorer could allow attackers to gain control of Windows-based computers to host malicious Web sites. The vulnerability affects older browsers through IE 8 and can be mitigated. For more information click here
How to Secure Your Android Device
Get a new Android device for Xmas? As Android proliferates, it’s increasingly important to secure your device against Malware and uninvited snooping. Here are some important tips from TechHive. Read the entire, very informative article, as well as a review of the top five free security apps, here:
- Use the official Android Market instead of third-party app stores or websites. You can also go to Settings, then Security and turn off the ability to install apps from unknown sources.
- Research apps before downloading: Check the publisher and app reviews.
- Pay special attention to application permissions during the installation and check the market listing or developer for an explanation of any suspicious permissions. While some apps may not be classified as Malware, they can ask for permissions to do more snooping that you might prefer.
- Install an antivirus/security app.
- Be wary of phishing scams and malware via the Web browser or SMS messaging.
- Be very aware should you root your device of potential infection damage.
January Maintenance Schedule
Tuesday, January 15th @ 5pm
Please contact us if you experience any problems
Welcome New Hosting Clients!
College Solutions: www.collegesolutions-va.net
Colonial Behavioral Health: www.colonialbh.org
Parker Investigations: www.parkerinvestigates.com (Under Construction)
Rotary Club of Salem: www.oldesalemdays.com
Rotary Club of Salem: www.salemrotaryclub.com
Shores Collision: www.shorescollision.com