Are you looking for a challenge? Do you want to grow as a developer and work with emerging technologies? Then join our team in Roanoke, Virginia. We are looking to build upon our development team and are currently seeking a GIS Application developer to come work with us. This individual will be a skilled and creative thinker with a passion for GIS application development.
SiteVision is seeking a candidate who will be responsible for the following: analysis, design, development, customization and quality control of custom applications to meet the needs of the clients and should have an understanding of Software Development processes and GIS applications. The candidate should have experience with ESRI ArcObjects and ability to design and construct extensions in ArcMap and/or ArcGIS Server.
SiteVision’s specialties are Emergency Management MCI and ArcGIS Mapping. Our top priority is to take care of our customers and deliver intuitive and reliable web applications.
Positions available for full-time on-site, telecommuting, or contract work.
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS
- Experience with Web Application Development (.NET, ColdFusion, or PHP)
- Understanding of Frameworks, Database Design/Programming with MySQL or MS SQL
- Strong Experience with User Interface and User Experience Design Work
- Strong understanding of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design, cross browser environments, and client-side performance issues
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of HTML, CSS, JS, XHTML and AJAX
- Desire to stay current with evolving standards and technologies, learning new skills as needed
- Ability to work well with others, within a team and independently
- Ability to prioritize to meet deadlines
- Direct experience designing and building enterprise-level web applications
- Proficiency with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Experience with User Interface Standards and Best Practices
- Knowledge of source control such as Subversion or CVS
- Knowledge of CSS Frameworks (i.e. 960 Grid, Blueprint, etc.)
To apply for this position contact Shirley Simmons
1011 Second Street
SW Roanoke VA 24016-4409